BillyBear4Kids.Com Welcomes YOU!
Popcorn at Home... Movie Reviews by Kids
THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG
Big Daddy's Sugar Cookies
Makes up to 4 dozen (depending on cookie size)
(pages 52-53 in The Princess and the Frog: Tiana's Cookbook)
Reprinted from the book DISNEY'S THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG TIANA'S COOKBOOK RECIPES FOR KIDS. Copyright © 2009 Disney Enterprises, Inc. Published by Disney Press, an imprint of Disney Book Group.
31/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
1 large egg
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Frosting and mini candies (optional)
1. Whisk together the flour and salt in a small bowl. Set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to press the butter into the sugar until the mixture is soft and smooth. Stir in the egg, corn syrup, and vanilla extract. Then stir in the flour mixture from Step 1, one third at a time.
3. Divide the dough into two portions. Pat each portion into a disk, wrap it in plastic, and chill until firm enough to roll (1 to 2 hours).
4. Heat the oven to 375°. Working with one disk at a time, place the chilled dough between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll it to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough. Reroll the dough scraps and cut out more shapes.
5. Place the shapes on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving an inch between them.
If you're not planning to frost the cookies, sprinkle the tops with sugar.
6. Bake the cookies until light brown around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Then leave them on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool. Decorate the cooled cookies with frosting and mini candies, if you like.
Movie Pictures used are © Disney. All Rights Reserved
RETURN TO MOVIE REVIEWS - SHOW AND TELL PAGE
BACK TO THE PAGE YOU WERE ON
HOME | Clipart | Animal Scoop | Fun & Games | Holidays | PostOffice | DeskTop | StoryBooks
you where on, click on your browser's BACK button.
Screen Savers | Show & Tell | Draw | Puzzles | Certificates | PaperDolls | Software | Crafts
Worksheets | Scrapbooks | Link to Us | Grown Ups & Privacy Information | Home Business
E-Mail Address... rainie_billybear AT yahoo.com
Do not send email attachments... they will be deleted unopened
Download Problem Info... Please Read Before You Write
Site contents created, maintained and Copyright © Loraine Wauer